Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tim Horton’s

I do not have to blog about how good Tim Horton’s is, we all know that it is a great place to go, for breakfast, for lunch or for coffee.  I am sure we have all been there countless times, and will go many more.
I went to lunch at Tim Horton’s at 347 Southland Dr SE.  My Mom and I take my three kids (4 years, almost 3 years, and 1 year) there on a regular basis, and have been doing so for years.  We have always enjoyed ourselves, and our biggest problem has been finding a table, because it it so busy.
When we got there today, it wasn’t so busy, as we were a little earlier then we usually arrive.  We found a table at the back no problem, ordered our food and ate.  My kids were being good, but being kids.  They were all on their chairs, and no one was having tantrums.  The baby was loud, and was screeching a bit, but not overly. 
We had finished our meal, and my Mom and four year old were at the counter buying doughnuts for desert (read – spending more money!).  The manager came over to my table and said “Its been 45 minutes”.  I just kinda looked at him, cause I was confused, I didn’t know what he meant.  Then he says, “Your kids have been screaming for 45 minutes, are you going to be here much longer?”  Standing there at my table, for everyone to hear.  I was very embarrassed, and insulted, especially since the kids were not being bad.  I told him I was leaving and not coming back, not that he cared I’m sure. 
I grabbed the stuff left at our table, and the two kids I had with me, went to the counter and told my mom we were leaving.  When she asked why, I told her in a not so quiet voice, that the manager thought my kids were too loud and had asked us to leave. 
As we still had doughnuts to eat we crossed the parking lot and sat on a grassy area to eat before we left.  While we were sitting there, an employee and a patron (the one the must have complained to get me kicked out?) came out and said, “You ladies forgot your drinks” and handed us our pops.  I said, “that is the least of the problem”. 
I will never go back to that the Tim Horton’s on 347 Southland Dr SE.  I was very hurt.  I mean really, it is a family restaurant, it has highchairs, and they serve doughnuts.  Give me a break.  Disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. This is terrible! Did you write to the store manager?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I manage the library across the street, and you and your kids are welcome there any time. It's okay to be noisy. And eat donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..that is awful! I can't believe it...it's Tim Horton's, not Caesars Steak House for goodness sakes! Thanks for sharing...I'll make sure never to take my rugrats there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't bother writing a letter to the store manager, but I would sure be writing a letter to their Corporate Office! That is completely unreasonable!!! I cannot believe that, that is how you were treated (in a family place no less)!

    ReplyDelete