Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pisces Pet Emporium

IMG_0507 We decided to check out the Pisces Pet Emporium because I heard that it was a great place to go.  And they have monkeys!  I thought the kids would really love the monkeys, but they were more interested in finding dogs and kitties.  I was expecting great things, and was a little let down (and so were the kids because there were not any dogs/cats out for petting).  If you are going there expecting a really good pet store, it is.  I guess we thought it would be a little more hands on.

That being said, we did spend an hour there wandering around looking at things.  There was the largest variety of aquarium things I had ever seen.  There were lobsters and eels, fish of all shapes sizes and colors, so many different lizards I could not keep count.  There were turtles and snakes (little ones) too!IMG_0518

IMG_0511In one corner of the store, they have a large rock wall with waterfalls coming out draining into a large pond with some very large fish. Beside that they have a place for small monkeys!

I thought it was really cool, my kids were not as impressed (maybe they have been to the zoo one too many times!)

They did not have a wide range of dogs or cats, but we did have to circle around to see them twice. IMG_0508 Although we could not touch them, the kids really enjoyed looking at them.  There is a set of display cages, and we saw (and pet) Guinea Pigs, but most of the cages were empty, so there was not a lot to see in that area.

Over all, it was a nice place to visit, and I am sure we will be back to check things out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment