Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Beaners – Hair cuts for kids

So I took my kids for hair cuts today.  The last time I took them, we went them to my own hairdresser and they cried the whole time.  They wanted to go to the place with the cars.  Since then I told Madison the name of the place she wanted to go – Beaners.  I don’t think she will ever forget the name now.  It really is a neat place for kids to go, as they cater to them like you wouldn’t believe.  They have rides (like you would find in the mall) as chairs for the kids to sit on, they have TV screens with kids’ movies playing (today it was a Barbie fairy movie), and they have a ball pit to play in when their hair cut is done (or while they are waiting).

I called for an appointment when they opened at nine, and was able to get in the same day, which was really nice. They have four locations in Calgary, but I have only been to the one on Country Hills Boulevard.  They are open six days a week.  The hairdresser that cut Marshall’s hair told me that when it is their first haircut, they try to make it special , but I’m not sure how, as I did not take them there for their first cuts. Maybe I will for Makenna’s.

Madison just had a trim, then the hairdresser asked if she wanted sparkles!  That made her day.  Marshall had a lot of hair cut off.  I loved his long locks, but everyone told me he looked like a girl, so we went for a ‘boy’ cut.  It took a while, but the lady that did his hair was great with  him.  I thought he was going to cry (cause that is what he does!), but he didn’t.  She even used the razor on him, and he just sat there!

1 comment:

  1. Marshall's cut looks so cute! I've been taking Gordie to the Northland Beaners since he was 6 months old (yes he really did need a haircut then). For the first haircut, they give you a lock of hair in a envelope and a certificate with a bit of hair tacked on. I've been really pleased. Not every place wants to take kids and especially not babies!

    ReplyDelete